Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sophitia: Soul Calibur makeup tutorial

I have been slacking on finishing the Soul Calibur makeup series. I know, I know. I'm a slacker. It took me a while to draw some inspiration for Sophitia. In the series, she resembles a typical ideal greek citizen. Toga dress, leaf crown, and constant reminder of her passion for a certain god. Now that you know abit about what she looks like, here is some backgroun information on Sophitia.



"The daughter of a Greek baker, Sophitia worked at her family bakery. She lives in Athens, a part of Ottoman Empire. She has blonde hair, pale white skin, and green eyes. She has always treasured her country's culture and prayed often to the city guardian, Athena, the goddess of wisdom" (http://soulcalibur.wikia.com/wiki/Sophitia).



For this makeup look, I went a bit...on the odd side. Now that I'm looking back, I know I could've done alot more but I was pretty content with my golden leaf look. Sophitia has a very...light presence to her. I really wanted to capture that and her greek culture. So...I whipped up a golden simple eye look to balance out my leaf. Hope you enjoy!




I used:

-UDPP
-Visine
-NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Gold
-Victoria's Secret beauty rush, brown to earth
-UD eyeliner, covet
-NYX white pearl eyeshadow
-Revlon Color Stay liquid eyeliner pen
-Maybelline Lash Stiletto mascara

For the leaf:
-White eyeliner
-yellow face paint
-NYX Ultra Pearl Mania Gold
-NYX Hot Green
-MAC Humid


No comments: