Sunday, January 8, 2012

Recent Haul from Bath & Body Works and Ulta


Maybe I'm weak but the after holiday sales really get to me.  Even though I know 50% off isn't the greatest sale...I still find myself holding baskets of items.  Bath and Body Works is having their usual yellow tag sale and since I love their hand soaps I just had to get some for $2.75 each.  I got Winter Candy Apple and Ribbon Candy.  My favorite B&BW soaps are the foaming kind because they feel so gentle on your hands! 

I also picked some some of their new exotic island collection.  Fruity coconut scents are a fave of mine so I picked up both preview lotions Rio Rumberry and Bali Mango for $1 each.  How can you resist that price?!  I also picked up the luxirious shea cashmere hand creme in dark kiss

My last but not least purchase was Big Sexy Hair's Volumizing Spray Mousse at Ulta.  I've always wanted to try this brand but I am too poor to afford it.  Luckily this was on clearance for $3.99!  My hair is a lifeless dying limp mess...so hopefully this product will liven it up.
My last purchase for $.50 a pop - hand bacterial!  I can't tell you how many times I have seen people do the grossiest things with their hands and then proceed to touch every thing in sight.  Luckily these little suckers save me from a germaphobic melt down.


Sweet Pumpkin Spice, Winter Chiffon, Pink Sugarplum, OPI Navy Shatter Polish

Ulta is having a sale on their Shatter Polishes so I was able to pick up this polish for only $5.99 (compared to original price $8.50)  I don't know about you, but I'm still a fan of the shatter polishes.  They're a fun and easy way to spice up boring nails. 

While at Ulta, I saw Maybelline and L'Oreal's new long lasting eyeshadows. I decided to pick up Maybelline's Color Tattoo because they look and feel very similar to MAC's paint pots...but are half the cost!  L'Oreal's Infalliable eyeshadows remind me of baked mineralized eyeshadows...but are long last!
Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze, Maybelline Color Tattoo Audacious Asphalt, L'Oreal's Infalliable Iced Latte


Swatches
L'Oreal's Infalliable Iced Latte, Maybelline Color Tattoo Bad to the Bronze, Maybelline Color Tattoo Audacious Asphalt
I like the Color Tattoo since they are so pigmented and can be used as a base or simply alone as an eyeshadow.  The consistency is very creamy! I don't think I like Iced Latte as much simply because it looked less shimmery and less like a highlight color at the store. However, upon swatching the eyeshadow, it looks ideal for a highlight. 


What were your recent beauty purchases?  
Until next time,
Photobucket

1 comment:

~Sugarsheen~ said...

Yay, a new Lexy post! I've been really wanting to try out the new Tattoo Eye Shadows from Maybelline, but they're practically sold out everywhere here!