Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The 80's are alive and well

You thought you could escape the 80's but why would you want to?  It's the decade that feeds us bad fashion, mullets, great music, hairy chests, and angsty teen movies...Breakfast Club anyone?  
It may be a bit cliche for me to be so into the 80's, since most girls are really into 80's dress up parties, but I looove it.  You can literally throw on 8 different colored clothing items and you would fit the part. 

Last week I went to see a popular local 80's tribute band, The Legwarmers.  It was my first time seeing them and I have to say they rocked my world.  It was totally, wicked!  

It was non-stop hit after hit of rad music.  I danced and she-boped my heart out.  I think I had the most fun pointing out people dress like 80's icons.  That night I saw Prince, Teen Wolf and a guy from Run DMC.  

Even though my hatred for Teen Wolf...is beyond words, I was pretty darn excited to see him.  I mean, how often do you see a were-wolf basketball player?   Your face can't help but smile when you see his hideously hairy mug.  


Needless to say, I'm going to the next Legwarmer show!  Teen Wolf, beware!  I may not think you are so cute and clever next time!  


No comments: