Sunday, November 8, 2009

Kirkland Brush Set

I found out about this brush set from Liz of LizberryMakeup.  I was blown away by the great price, plus Costco has decent items..so I gave these brushes a shot.  I haven't used them yet because they still reek of chemicals.  I've deep cleaned them once...but that wasn't enough to remove the stinky scent.  I will do a follow-up review on these brushes, but for the time being...this is an introduction.

The brush set comes in a nice box that houses, a brush case, 8 full size brushes, a travel kit, and an eyelash curler.  For about $20 dollars, it's a sweet deal. 


Complete set in the box
You receive a Powder brush, flat top brush, angled foundation brush, eyeshadow brush, blending brush, eyeliner brush, smudge brush and 2 in 1 brush which is an angled brush on one end and a spoiley on the other end.



Sexy brushes outside of their box
The brushes are made of synthetic bristles and are also anti-microbial.  The brushes are treated with an anti-microbial formula that helps to prevent harmful bacteria & mold that collects on brushes.  Costco also claims that these brushes are cruelty-free.  In case anyone wants to know, the brush case is also faux leather. 

I placed the Kirkland Powder brush with some other powder brushes that I own, just to compare. 

Overall, the brushes are very soft and a great price.  I'm still in the process of removing the stinky smell so I can't offer a deeper review. 

5 comments:

anne said...

yayyy to costco brushes!! i've been seeing this same brush set making its rounds on blogs recently... i am soooo buying a set for myself this weekend ^^

for a second the "kirkland, posh and elf" writing on your last pic was really stamped on the brushes lol... which made me want to get the kirkland ones more haha. what a dumb moment for me!

<3

Anonymous said...

Gaaah, Ive been wanting to try these but I have yet to see them in my local Costco!!

helen said...

$20 is such a good deal! I can use most of the brushes too.. man I don't go to cosco lol
The only thing I dont understand is why would they make the handle so bulky :s if it was like MAC then it would be awesome-r! lol

btw I recently changed my blog URL and my followers have not been getting updates on my new blog entries! Please re-follow me again at my page if you haven't already! Thank you so much! Have a great day!

April said...

Lexy Justin and I went to Costco the other day and Justin and I became executive members! I thought of you when I passed by those brushes. :) I haven't been to Costco since childhood. LOL! I bought so much bulk cleaning supplies. Hehehe!

EsteeDarla said...

I am dying to try these brushes out i seen on their website they have another set but is $32.99 they don't look like the same ones that comes out for Christmas so I'm going to keep watching, thanks for the post.